Sunday, February 18, 2007

13 weeks

I am trying to be better about blogging more consistently, but this is a hard season to achieve that goal. I feel so sick almost all day every day. Other than this being one of the most exciting, most anticipated, most wonderful things that has happened to me, it has also been the hardest thing I have ever experienced physically. It has been harder than chronic headaches and migraines, harder than my heart racing at 250 beats/minute randomly over the course of several years (and the procedure that fixed it), harder than any of the viruses, food poisonings, car/sea sicknesses, etc... I think the reason it has been harder than any of these things is the length and extent of the sickness. I have felt almost constantly nauseated for 8 weeks now. I feel almost no relief except when I have food in my mouth or when I manage to fall asleep. It is hard to complain about it, though, because I am thrilled about what it means, about the sweet baby growing in my tummy. If I must endure this nausea in order for God to accomplish His purposes for our child, I am more than happy to. God is growing a human, our child that He has chosen for us, in my body. He is forming it, feeding it, protecting it... through me. That is all that gets me through; that, and knowing that more than likely the end of the nausea is near. I am 13 weeks today, and most people have told me they began feeling better between 14-17 weeks or so. I can't wait for that day for myself!
Other than the nausea and fatigue, pregnancy is slow to show itself! I am not "showing" yet; I notice a "bump" and that some of my pants are getting a little tight, but no one else can see it yet. I do not yet feel the baby move (it is supposedly only about the size of a lime right now), and that may still be several weeks away. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again next week at the doctor!
Other than pregnancy, Clay and I are gradually getting settled in our new home. We have painted 4 of the last 5 weekends; all we have left is what will be the nursery. It has been the perfect time to be couped inside painting (or being sick) because of this FREEZING and miserable weather! I am already so ready for Spring and Summer!

2 comments:

April Barber said...

Congratulations! I just heard the news yesterday from Dan (who talked to Clay) and am just THRILLED for you. Miss you!

Deborah R Foucachon said...

Hi Heather!
We've actually never met, but my family has been long-time friends of both the Conner and Davis families. (Bryan just IMed me about Becca giving birth, and I was checkig out everyone's pictures and blogs and found yours.) I just wanted to say it was so encouraging to read your last few posts! I'm 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant, and that awful nausea is FINALLY beginning to go away! Hooray! It is such a small price to pay when you think about it, but it does make every day a struggle. :) And I know exactly what you meant when you talked about being happy just to find something that fit to wear every morning! :) I'm just past that now, where I can wear a lot of Old Navy Maternity roll-top bottoms--but that just about the only brand that fits. (Praise the Lord for Old Navy!)
I can't wait for our first ultrasound! I was late making up my mind about a doctor, and thus my first appointment isn't till Aug. 13th. But we'll get a better view of the baby that way!
Anyways..just wanted to say hi, and congratulations on your little miracle! (It is truly such a miracle when I stop and think of what's taking place in my body! Isn't God amazing??)
Blessings on you three!

~Deborah (Foucachon) Beauchamp