Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow Day


Yesterday morning we awoke to snow falling and blanketing the ground... It was the first time it had snowed since before Clay and I were married; it was the first snow of Clayton's life. But what made the day so special was not actually the snow... it was my family that I enjoyed the snow with. Without Clay and Clayton, snow is just snow; with Clay and Clayton, snow is making memories-- building a snowman, snowball fights, staying warm and cozy together in the house... If I were alone on a snow day I suppose I would feel more isolated than excited, more cold than warm, more bored than entertained... Clay and I laugh that the old cliche saying, "you double your joy and half your sorrow" with family is actually very true.

Here are some pictures of our snow day:


Clayton looking out the window at the falling snow


I absolutely love that grin


Everyone says he is starting to look more like Clay every day


The smallest snowman Clay has ever made



The snow almost covered the ground for a couple of hours









No comments: