Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First Foods

Clayton started eating solid foods last week. He started with rice cereal, and then we added sweet potatoes this week; tomorrow we will move on to carrots or squash. So far, he seems to love to eat-- he leans forward as if he's anticipating the next spoonful, opens his mouth, and even fusses a little bit if I don't seem to be going as fast as he'd like...
I feel like I say this, or at least think it, at some point every day, but he is growing so fast. Five months ago, solid foods seemed forever away; now it's those early days and weeks that are a distant memory. We've grown quite used to one another in the last five plus months; I'm more comfortable in this skin of motherhood... I can read him like a book these days-- knowing what he needs when he needs it seems to come natural now. I'd be willing to bet that he can read me like a book too. I am having so much fun doing life with him...
Here are some pictures of his first experience with solid food:

Not so sure about that first taste and texture...

but it grew on him pretty fast (see the open mouth)


I can't seem to get it to his mouth fast enough

I love those eyes and that widow's peak with no hair

He seems kind of sad that the food is gone

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a big boy, eating solid food! I love the funny faces.