Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Vacation

We spent a weekend at my sister's house in Columbus celebrating my sisters' birthdays; Clayton and I stayed the week. The change of pace was great for both of us. My six nephews and nieces entertained Clayton every moment of every day-- if they weren't actually engaging him, he was entertained by just watching them. Most of our time was spent by and in the pool, as usual at "Camp Sidor". It is such a wonderful place to get away and to entertain kids-- complete with pool, hammock, Jimmy Buffett music playing overhead, Kevin's famous smoked meats and mixed drinks and fresh cut fruit enjoyed poolside, go-carts, golf cart rides, feeding the fish at the pond... It is chaotic, to say the least, with seven kids under one roof, but so special to be together with family.






Clayton and I met Clay at Lake Martin on Thursday and his parents joined us Friday for the weekend. We had a relaxing weekend-- boat rides at sunset, grilling out, watching movies, reading, taking naps, good conversation on the porch...




4 comments:

Angie Davis said...

looks and sounds dreamy!

Unknown said...

I love my family...

Amber said...

Heather-
Clayton is so cute and is getting so big! I hope all of you are doing well. I am glad that you had a wonderful trip.

andi said...

What a fun get-away! Break of routine, always a plus!