Wednesday, January 27, 2010


if anyone ever read my journal (heaven, forbid), this is what they would see written on 01.27.10.

i. need. grace.
bad.

i won't have a pity party and go into all the reasons i needed grace at that moment, on this day, but for any other moms of young children, i am sure it is not hard to imagine.

when i wrote those words, i was talking to God. He answered. psalm 68:19 came to mind immediately.

"blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up..."

those words came to my heart like good medicine. i studied a little further and read this:

"listen to me, o house of jacob, all the remnant of the house of israel,
who have been borne by me from before your birth,
carried from the womb;
even to your old age I am he,
and to gray hairs I will carry you.
I have made, and I will bear;
I will carry and will save."
isaiah 46:3-4

He cares for me. His care is constant. He knows my needs. He bears me up and carries me.



3 comments:

Angie Davis said...

amen. he does.

let's hang out soon.

Unknown said...

Thank you for doing such a great job raising Woof and Poofer! I will be praying God's enabling power for you.

Amber said...

I needed to read these verses! Congratulations on Turner! She is precious!