Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas

Christmas is always a special time of year-- reflecting on and celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, enjoying fellowship with friends, spending extended time with family, observing old traditions and starting new ones... I treasure many moments and memories of this time of year...
It is interesting to look back at Christmas one year ago... I found out I was pregnant on December 21st, 2006. I remember vividly certain times last Christmas season wanting so badly to have a child, all the while being pregnant and not yet knowing it. I laugh at the irony of playing Mary in the Walk-Thru Nativity at Briarwood, in the scene where the angel Gabriel tells Mary that she will conceive and bear a son. I remember trying to keep the exciting news a secret until it was "safe" to tell and my sister, Julie, finding a picture of my positive pregnancy test on my digital camera, thus prompting the telling of my family on Christmas day and Clay's family the day after Christmas. I remember praying that the Lord would give us a son. It was so much fun looking back and remembering those things this Christmas...
Clay and I had so much fun celebrating Clayton's first Christmas this year-- picking out our Christmas tree as a family, letting him sit on Santa's lap and getting his picture made with Santa, taking him to look at Christmas lights (even though he was dead asleep in the carseat), taking him to the Walk-Thru Nativity, going to Zoolight Safari, to the Christmas Eve Candelight service, filling his stocking, looking to see what Santa brought on Christmas morning... It is so much fun having a kid at Christmas-- even one who does not understand anything about Christmas yet.
Here are some pictures of some of the memories we made this Christmas:

The family at Zoolight Safari

Curiously looking at the animals and lights at Zoolight Safari

Such a little man in his button-up Polo

Christmas morning

Clayton is excited about his first Pez he found in his stocking. The Conner tradition lives on...


I absolutely love this profile picture. Clayton is staring down one of the toys on his new exersaucer.


Clayton smiling at GG; look at that dimple!




4 comments:

Angie Davis said...

great pictures. I love that he stared down the toy, and yes, that dimple!

Cindy said...

Clayton is such a cutie! I love his little winter outfit with the ears. Glad y'all had a great first Christmas.

Little Red's Momma said...

Such a sweet little boy. Man, how we ALL have grown. Where does the time go??

sethswifeforlife said...

Clay, That baby of ya'lls is absolutely adorable. Those latest Youtubes of him are priceless!!!
He's definitely got the cuteness factor going for him!
Hope you and your fam are doing well.
Abby~