Saturday, July 19, 2008

I love today

To me, today was the perfect Saturday. We had no "plans" for the first time in a while. We made the most of a sunny, lazy summer day; we made today fun. It didn't start out the best, with Clay having to deal with some unexpected work issues, but it quickly got better. I love nothing more than spending time with my men, alone, outside, relaxed...
We started out at Botanical Gardens for a picnic lunch and a stroll...

then took a drive through Market Day in Mountain Brook Village and residential Homewood (we love that community), then home for Clayton's nap, then ended the day with dinner at The J. Clyde...

Clay and I both agreed that it feels like vacation to spend an evening on Cobb Lane

the J. Clyde is Clay's favorite place in Birmingham to get a good beer

Clayton wearing his dinner

he has started another quirk as of late-- wrinkling his nose, furrowing his eyebrows, and saying "nana" in a very nasaly voice

And now we're home. I love today.

7 comments:

erintumlin.blogspot.com said...

oh my gosh. Adorable. Those pictures are wonderful. What a great day, I can't wait for those kind. Well, I can. And I can't. So glad y'all got to all spend a lazy day together, finally.

Elizabeth Mather said...

Sounds like fun Heather! I love Saturdays when we don't have anywhere we have to be or have to go. Cute pics of Clayton!

Heather said...

Love the funny face! Hope ya'll are doing well!

A. Gant said...

He is so CUTE!! Love the pics and your blogs. Your blogs are so funny, they make me laugh out loud, literally!

les said...

As I read, tears came to my eyes. I cherished those days when e and Wus were babies. So amazing you get to capture your family's life this way. To be able to look back 20 years from now at all of this will be incredible. I can only imagine...

Angie Davis said...

yes, beautiful day. glad you took pictures, and shared!

Susy-Q said...

What an adorable child!! Your afternoon sounds like a story that someone reads about but never gets to experience.
Don't you love how God provides a beautiful day, a loving husband and the miracle of a child just for you. He does delight in us, doesn't He.