Thursday, July 3, 2008

Long Gone

Ok, this is getting ridiculous... It has been WAY too long since my last blog post. It is not that I don't think about posting; it's that I find so many other things to do with my "free" time. I will clean the house, do laundry, talk on the phone, read, cook, think about taking a nap... and so on and so on... all before blogging. I really do want to be a consistent blogger; I know that consistency is what makes a good blog. So, I'm breaking the ice again... I'm hoping that maybe this will jump-start me from thought into action...

Really, so much has happened since my last post! The biggest things include Clayton starting to crawl about 2 weeks ago (and pulling up on everything this week) and getting his first tooth about a month ago (and working on #2 right now). For those of you who are moms, you know that those two things bring many other changes along with them. Clayton was baptized in May, he is expanding his vocabulary from exclusively "dadadada" to include "nana" and a few "mama's", is finally sleeping and napping well consistently... he is sometimes sort of waving "bye-bye", is working on finger foods-- all the typical developmental changes that are so exciting for moms. I am so proud of him. We learned at his 9 month check-up that he had not gained even one single ounce since his 6 month check-up, so, upon the encouragement of our pediatrician, we have been feeding him TONS of solid food. We will find out Monday if he has gained some weight! I think he has; I hope he has!

We have been enjoying summer and all that it brings-- cooking out with friends, traveling to see family, the lake, Clay's softball games, walks around the neighborhood, playing in the baby pool with Clayton, eating and relaxing on the deck (that Clay built) in the evenings...

That's a very brief summary of where we are and what we're doing... I realize that most of you (whoever you are) would rather see pictures of Clayton than read my thoughts and words, so here you go! I could post a ton of pictures of some of the things we've done this summer so far, but I'll just stick with a couple from this last week and let you look at the other pictures here.




4 comments:

Angie Davis said...

yes, long overdue, but that's life, right? sounds like it's been a fun summer! cute pictures (cute little boy).

Anonymous said...

I like reading everyone's comments as much as the pictures. I'm trying to blog more too. With the pace we all go at, its hard to get real conversation sometimes, especially with little ones always underfoot. Blogging is a good way to read people's thoughts when they've had a chance to downshift some. Maybe I'll get Amy to do it one day. She journals enough as it is.

Elizabeth Mather said...

Heather, enjoyed your update! Clayton is really getting big and is at such a fun stage- they change and learn so many things so fast. I loved the video of him crawling on Clay's site- that is too cute!

becca said...

glad to see an update. i've been checking... and checking :)

sounds like you're having a fun, busy summer. clayton sure is a cutie!